Masses can be offered for many reasons: in thanksgiving to God, for someone who is sick, in remembrance of a loved one's birthday or anniversary, and perhaps most frequently, in remembrance of a loved one. At All Saints, we can list the loved one's name or mark it as a "special Intention."
- No more than three intentions may be requested at one time.
- A $10 stipend is suggested for each Mass intention, which can be given by cash, check, or credit card.
- Requests can be made at the parish office, and will be honored on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- We cannot schedule masses more than one year in advance. Canon Law does not permit us to keep Mass intentions beyond those that can be fulfilled in a year's time.
- Lengthly listings cannot be published in the bulletin and must be edited for the sake of brevity. Since the purpose of publishing the intention in the bulletin is to notify family and friends of the intention, we suggest the omission of middle initials, titles, etc...Please indicate if the person for whom the Mass is requested is living or deceased.
Please note the following:
- Mass intentions may be requested for Sundays, most holidays, and weekdays throughout the year.
- One Mass every Sunday must be scheduled for the intentions of our parishioners as required by Canon Law and diocesan statute.
- Should a Mass Intention have to be rescheduled we will schedule to the the next available day and time.
Here is an example of how Mass intentions are listed in the bulletin: